Suffering from Rosacea? As you may know, this is a condition which you are likely going to be living for throughout the rest of your life. There is no known cure. Thankfully there does not have to be. Rosacea is perhaps one of the easiest of skin conditions to keep under control. You just have to learn how to identify your ‘triggers’. Now, there are plenty of ‘triggers’ out there for Rosacea. The most common though is food, and that is what I wish to discuss on this page. Let me introduce you to the Rosacea diet plan. This is NOT going to involve eating all sorts of weird and wonderful items. Most of this stuff can be picked up from your local supermarket. You will only need to cut out a few products. Let’s start with what you should be avoiding on the Rosacea diet plan.
What Foods to Avoid With Rosacea Diet Plan?
It is worth noting that not every Rosacea sufferer is going to have to avoid these foods. We all have different dietary triggers. You have to work out which is going to be bad for you and make an effort to cut it out yourself. It should not be that difficult.
- Dairy products seem to impact just about every Rosacea sufferer in some way. You are going to want to avoid pretty much everything related to Dairy. This includes Yoghurt, Sour Cream and Cheese.
- All alcohol can have an impact too. I know that red wine is often regarded as healthy, but it certainly is not good for Rosacea. I am not saying that you have to completely eliminate alcohol from your diet, but at least try and cut down on it.
- Many beans and pods have an impact on Rosacea. Most sufferers absolutely can’t deal with navy beans or peas. They also may struggle dealing with Lima beans. Here it is up to you to decide what you should and should not eat.
- Soy sauce should not be placed on your food.
- Suffering from Rosacea? Well, as part of the Rosacea diet you are really going to need to eliminate that chocolate….or at least cut down on it.
- Healthy foods may even have a big impact on your condition. The vast majority of citrus fruits are going to be awful. You will also want to avoid spinach, eggplants and avocados.
- Spicy food is a complete no go on the Rosacea diet. You also want to make sure that you avoid anything that is too ‘hot’ temperature wise. This means letting your food cool down a little before you consume it. You will be surprised at how much this will actually work for you.
- Red Meat: There are substances in meat which will actually cause inflammation in the body. Again, I must stress that you DO NOT have to cut out meat completely when you have Rosacea, but having as little as possible will most likely help.
I also suggest that you read the labels on packets and avoid anything which includes the following:
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Food Colorings
In fact, none of that is really going to be that much good for you even if you are not suffering from Rosacea as these compounds have been known to cause havoc on the body. In fact, there are a few people out there who have actually found that these compounds trigger Rosacea in the body even when there was no previous sign that it was going to happen.
What Are The Best Foods to Eat for Rosacea?
That’s enough about what you should NOT be eating on the Rosacea diet plan. Let’s cover a little about what you should actually be eating:
- Beneficial Fats. When I say this I do not mean the saturated fats that you find in takeaway food and the like. I mean essential fatty acids like Omega-3 which is healthy. As you may know, Omega-3 can be found in oily fish, nuts, and flaxseed oil. Omega-3 has been proven time and time again to help reduce inflammation in the body and this makes it PERFECT for those who are dealing with Rosacea – a chronic inflammatory condition. Try to have about four servings of Omega-3 each week.
- Fresh Fruit, particularly of the berry variety, are perfect for those who suffer from Rosacea. This is because they have compounds inside which can help to reduce redness.
- Chicken: If you absolutely must have meat then I suggest chicken. It is low in fat and high in healthy goodness. It tastes pretty good too. It will even help reduce inflammation outbreaks.
- Whole grains are perfect. If you are not used to consuming whole grains on a regular basis then it probably will take a little bit of getting used too. Have no fear though, they taste absolutely gorgeous after a whole and when you see how much benefit they have on the rosacea you will want to consume it as much as possible.
- Try to make your diet as healthy as possible. This means consuming fresh vegetables, not including the ones that I mentioned previously and you will absolutely fantastic.
In short; try to eat as healthily as possible. Try to cut down on all of the things that are bad and try to consume things which are lot healthier and you are going to feel absolutely fantastic and you really will start to see the symptoms of your Rosacea die down, which is always a plus.
Remember, whilst the Rosacea diet is a KEY part of keeping your rosacea symptoms at bay it is not all that you need to do. You should also learn to identify your other triggers. You will find plenty of other information out there on this. Don’t forget to talk to your doctor who will be able to provide you with further advice on dealing with the condition. Follow these very simple dietary tips and it will help with your rosacea symptoms. For more information on rosacea diet please watch this video: